Wednesday, March 12, 2014

abstract poster trial #2

Abstraction from Impressionism

on the corner of Brunswick st (charcoal)
In the late nineties I did this willow charcoal drawing of an old area in inner city Brisbane destined for the developers mutilating mutations of progressiveness. This old house on the corner struck a 'c minor' cord within me, neither scary nor serene but somehow wisely foreboding, conjuring an adults memories of being an eleven year old in acute awareness of foreign surroundings. Subconsciously I think I felt the accusing eye of an octogenarian's judgemental gaze from a top middle window sitting room.




on the corner of Brunswick st (colour shopped)

Years had passed since I had done this drawing and upon a perusal of previous works I found myself caught up in the moment again of this seemingly mundane piece of history. The ultimate outcome was to revisit this Sunday mid afternoon Autumns day in a more vivid incarnation through photo shop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment