Friday, March 7, 2014

The friday feed

A Life Drawing Focus

5 MIN DRAWING (charcoal wiped/ ink overlay) 

I think to gain a semblance of structure in blogging I'm going to try and break it down to a daily focus, because lets face it the majority of us are sentient beings with a modicum and innate desire for routine, one such albeit flailing routine I try to keep is my Thursday evening life drawing group. I must emphasise the word group and for it not to be confused with class. I am of a firm belief that in order to create your own style you must to a certain degree be self taught, aside from learning the basic fundamentals of proportion, perspective and foreshortening (which the ill informed dilettante few egregiously continue to regurgitate ingrained inaccuracies), a continuous and unconscious practice will imbue ultimately an unmistakable styling. Degas wrote if I draw 1000 seagulls then I'll know that by the 1000 drawing I can draw a seagull.

No comments:

Post a Comment